The cameo-tastic This Is the End releases to DVD on Tuesday, which got us talking about our favorite cameos ever. Peruse, see if you agree, and let us know if we missed anyone.
20. Nicolas Cage: Werewolf Women of the SS (Grindhouse)
Thank you Quentin Tarantino for liking really bad exploitation movies when you were a kid. Thank you Rob Zombie for creating this outstanding fake trailer. Thank you Nic Cage for your ability to channel your own weirdness so beautifully.
19.Tim Robbins: Anchorman
No commercials – no mercy!
18. Paul Shaffer: This Is Spinal Tap
Artie Fufkin, Polymer Records
17. Steve Martin: The The Muppet Movie
16. Johnny Depp: 21 Jump Street
Not just Johnny – that’s Peter DeLuise (Officer Doug Penhall), too. Surprised he had the time to devote to the project.
15. Bruce Willis & Julia Roberts: The Player
Robert Altman was a genius.
14. Patrick Ewing: Exorcist 3
13. Gene Hackman: Young Frankenstein
I’ll make espresso!
12. David Bowie: Zoolander
11. Neil Patrick Harris: Harold & Kumar go to White Castle
Almost as brilliant as Dr. Horrible’s Singalong Blog.
10. Will Farrell: Wedding Crashers
Mom! The meatloaf!
9. James Brolin & Morgan Fairchild: Pee-wee’s Big Adventure
Paging Mr. Herman.
8. Bill Murray: Little Shop of Horrors
It’s your professionalism I admire.
7. Matt Damon: Eurotrip
Nice tats, Matt!
6. Tom Cruise: Tropic Thunder
It’s far too big a role to be considered a cameo, and yet, the list felt weirdly free of gold chains and knuckle hair without it.
5. Christopher Walken: True Romance
Back to back Walken!
4. Christopher Walken: Pulp Fiction
Up his ass…
3. Bruce Springsteen: High Fidelity
Taking advice from the boss man.
2. Bill Murray: Zombieland
I just saw Eddie Van Halen.
1. Alec Baldwin: Glengarry Glen Ross
Put that coffee down.